Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Wildflowers and twinkling stars


It's all wreckage, my love. My sweet sweet heart is bleeding an ocean. You don't know anything about loneliness if you haven't been lost in a city that doesn't notice your hands. Shyly trembling in the middle of the avenue, dancing to the beat of the saddest song in your playlist. What an irony, trying to be free in a cage so huge it doesn't feel like it. You understand what I mean?

It was cold december, I went to the park. I almost felt I was somewhere else. I smiled. Sometimes it is easy. I took one of the little paths across the trees. I was alone, not lonely. I danced like no one was watching, because no one was watching. I touched real freedom with the tip of my fingers. I fucking touched it.

Wildflowers, they were everywhere. Breathe, you live in this moment.

By the pond the light was different. I felt so tiny I didn't find the words. It was breathtaking. The sky, the stars, the power of a second. I almost felt the curves of time. I almost felt them.

I have a weird fixation with the streetlights. They were so few but so pretty. For a moment there they seemed like little stars. Twinkling, softly twinkling.

And I was alone, and it was dark, and the air froze, but my heart was on fire.








No comments:

Post a Comment