Thursday, November 26, 2015

A poet without a muse,
a cookie without chocolate.
That's what I am
when winter arrives
and there's no one here
to be my blanket.

A flower without smell,
an ocean without waves.
That's what I am
when I think of
how everything fell apart
as life got in the way.

I fell so hard onto the ground,
and while I bled
the moon told me
a story about a girl who loved too much,
that couldn't hold it anymore,
and simply had to let it go.
Like when you set a
balloon free,
all the love blew away
tryin' to reach for the moon.

In the middle of nowhere,
I was tryin' to remember a song from long ago:
something about all the bad days,
something about the rain and the broken hearts.
It was an old melody that made
the marks on my knees a little bit
softer, a little bit kinder.

And then it came to me.
Life was all about falling,
too bad I didn't realize it on time.




No comments:

Post a Comment