Wednesday, April 3, 2013


At first I thought it had to be some kind of gravity. It was a strength so natural, so sudden, it couldn't have been anything else. It seemed to push me without any effort. And I was unavoidably trapped in that strange gravitational field. I didn't know how to react, or what to do. I was gulped by its force. I accepted there wasn't a way to get away. That was all. I was going to get trapped there forever. Like the gravity we all have to bear since we're born. Always pushing us down, always stickin' us to the floor. So I accepted I couldn't get away, the same way I accepted I wasn't gonna fly when I was just a little kid. I jumped and jumped, and jumped again, but never flown. Gravity was something I couldn't handle.

But this time, something was different. It was indeed a kind of gravity, though it wasn't gravitational force. It felt like I couldn't get away, but I wasn't stucked to the floor. What was happening?

I was choosing it. And that idea made me tremble. I couldn't handle it either; it was bigger than me, it was huge. But I wasn't gettin' away, not because I was unable, but because I didn't want to run away. As simple as that. And that fact made all the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment